Friday, October 3, 2014

Feeding Bottles

Although I intend to breastfeed for as long as I can, I will eventually go back to work and will need feeding bottles for my expressed milk. Filipino moms seem to love Avent bottles. I decided to buy the Natural instead of the Classic bottles, because they supposedly mimic a mother's breast, making the transition from breasfeeding to bottle feeding easier for the baby. The price difference is not substantial anyway. Lazada offers the best deal right now. I bought Avent Natural Feeding 9oz Twin Pack for P650. The same twin pack sells for P1,000 in malls. Lazada runs out of stock pretty quickly though. Right now, they only offer the 4oz version, for P571. 


Because of good feedback from a friend, I got the Pigeon Wide Neck Bottles Starter Kit, which retails for P2,200. I used my SM Mom card coupon to save P200. 


I also bought one Natural Touch Nuby bottle at 40% off from Youji and Me Trinoma. I am hesitant to stack up on Nuby bottles because the brand is not readily available in our area, or in SM malls, and I will eventually need new nipples. 



When I bought my Chicco Electric Steam Sterilizer worth P2,000 from SM, one 4oz Natural Fit bottle worth P500 came with it for free.




I still need to wait for Baby's arrival to find out which brand he likes best. However, the nipples by Avent, Pigeon, and Nuby feel really soft, much like the actual breast.  The one by Chicco is made of harder plastic. All bottles seem to be by good brands and of good quality, with nice reviews online. I have 9 bottles so far, and I hope this will be more than enough for the first few months.




No comments:

Post a Comment